Personalized Auto Maintenance
Routine auto maintenance is likely to generate the single biggest return on your vehicle. We recommend changing your oil and filter as often as the manufacturer recommends. This will help protect crucial components of your vehicle from failing in the future.
Besides routine maintenance, most automakers recommend major services at 30,000-mile intervals. We will gladly discuss your vehicle needs. Remember, today’s cars will last 200,000 miles or more if properly maintained. Dollar for dollar maintenance is far cheaper than no maintenance at all. At Dupont’s, we strive to make it as easy as possible to maintain your automobile without the breakdowns and towing headaches.
Dupont’s is a dealer alternative to performing your vehicles factory recommended scheduled maintenance. Don’t feel like you have to take your car to the dealership to keep your warranty, we can stamp your service booklet for you.
To ensure long vehicle life and vehicle reliability, we feel the most important things you can do to maintain your vehicle are:
- Change the oil every 3000 miles.
- Follow the manufacturer’s scheduled car maintenance.
- Have high wear items inspected.
- Perform seasonal auto maintenance.
Our automobile service program includes an exclusive car care check up for free. We inspect all major systems of your car every visit.
At Dupont’s all our services are performed by ASE certified auto professionals, assuring that someone with extensive auto repair experience is performing the service on your car every time.
Motor Oil 101
Oil circulates through the engine:
- lubricates moving parts – almost no metal to metal contact – everything is riding on a thin film of oil
- cleans the inside of the motor
- stops corrosion
- improves sealing
- cools the engine
Regular Motor Oil
Refining oil removes as much wax, paraffin and tar molecules as possible. This is what
can help causes build up inside the motor. There are 5 groups of oil.
Synthetic Motor Oil
Synthetic oil is chemically modified petroleum components rather than whole crude oil.
- Used in aviation and aerospace industries since the 1950s.
- 1st synthetic oil developed for automobiles by the AMSOIL in 1972.
- Synthetic oil was not marketed to the general public until 1993.
Benefits of Synthetic Oils:
- Can Increase performance & better gas mileage
- Nearly ZERO friction inside the motor
- Sludge combating formulas – keeps engines clean
- High-temperature protection & low-temperature start-up protection
Semi-synthetic oils or ‘synthetic blends’ are blends of mineral oil with no more than
30% synthetic oil. Designed to have many of the benefits of synthetic oil without matching the cost of pure
synthetic oil. Motul introduced the first semi-synthetic motor oil in 1966.